As influencers, your social network and their faithfulness to your following is what monetizes your personal brand to advertisers who are including influencer marketing as part of their advertising programs .
Fostering fans and followers is of course founded upon producing GREAT content that will entice engagement and long-time loyalty to your social channels.
Below are some of the top considerations all influencers should consider with their social media strategy in order to expand their audience and command larger budgets for their endorsements:
1) BE SEEN: Engage, interact and build personal relationships with like minded businesses and users that you think your content will attract. Try utilizing social channel that your content should live on, and showcase your niche authority through whatever mediums you love creating with! Create content and document your knowledge of your craft daily while feeding this to your audience wherever possible (including a personal website).
2) BE PERSISTENT: be consistent with your posting; your followers will expect regular useful content. The root word of authority is “author.” If you want to establish yourself as an authority quality is essential but quantity is also key.
3) BE PRESENT: Live in the moment and be part of the conversation. If you miss your chance to provide timely dialogue or input on a current trends you risk becoming irrelevant. ENGAGE CONSTANTLY!
It’s crucial to ensure that you’re creating content that covers hot topics among your key interest groups. Two awesome tools to monitor what type of content and subject matter is most relevant across the web at any given time are Buzz Sumo and Google Trends. Sites like these are incredibly useful in deciding what type of posts will get the most traction and expand your reach.
4) BE APPROACHABLE: unlike celebrities, we expect educators and content creators to be approachable and interact with their audience. Try to respond to comments and especially questions as much as possible on your posts to further humanize your brand. When your followers become your friends, they’ll promote your content even more persistently.
5) BE VALUABLE: Being an influencer is more than a title, it’s a responsibly. A true influencer doesn’t concern themselves with how many followers they have, as much as they weigh importance on the quality of value they provide their audience. Be helpful and solve pain points and questions that your followers seek the answers to everyday.
6) BE PATIENT: Building up a quality following organically takes time! Research and determine the most used hashtags that relate to your brand’s theme, and try out different combinations of them on each of your posts to see what yields the best response. Spammy follower building strategies aren’t sustainable and don’t normally drive engagement – Nobody wants a lopsided following to follower ratio!
7) BE GENUINE: Separate yourself by being genuine! You must sincerely enjoy helping others and documenting what you LOVE to do day-to-day if you want your audience to buy-into the content you are putting out.
Did we miss any important tips? If so, please leave them in the comments below!
Stay up to date with the latest marketing, social media tips, guides and news.
"At Universal Music, we are frequently tasked with launching new albums and products with little to no notice which can prove challenging for traditional agencies.
The team at the Influence Agency have proven time and time again their ability to be both nimble and efficient at delivering influencer campaigns that are strategically targeted, creative and most importantly impactful with our artists audiences."
"The Influence Agency is phenomenal. They’re incredible outside-the-box thinkers and we’re a great alternative to the traditional marketing efforts taken for the NFP I work for. We worked directly with Stephanie and Tom, both who had a high level understanding of the industry and a completely professional approach to social promotion. Looking forward to working with their team again!"
"As a creator, it was so easy working with The Influence Agency. They've put me forward for a number of awesome campaigns and have given me full creative control to execute them. I can't wait to work with them in the future!"
"The Influence Agency has been a huge part of our success for The Rose Picnic!! We love working with the team and look forward to many more great years together!"
"The Influence Agency is by far one of the best agencies I've worked with in Toronto. They provide so much value to each and every one of their clients, and I've had the pleasure of working with them on many different campaigns. Not only are they professional, but very personable. They are a delight to work with, and I would recommend them to anyone interested in growing their brand or business in an meaningful and creative way."
"Having blogged for 10 years and having worked with a plethora of agencies, The Influence Agency team has been one of the top agencies I've connected with. Their ability to both balance creator relations and interests, while maintaining the priorities of their brands is incredibly impressive. As a creator, the team is always supportive and responsive and truly makes developing branded content seamless! I always look forward to working with them!"